Saturday, June 16, 2012

Book Review: Delirium

Saturday, June 16, 2012


Title: DeliriumAuthor: Lauren OliverGenre/s:  YA, Science Fiction, Romance, 
Synopsis:

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.



But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

My Thoughts:

"You can't be happy unless you're unhappy sometimes."


I decided to read Delirium because I really love Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall and I wanted to read more of her works. I have so much expectation for this novel but it wasn't reached. But I can't take the fact that this is a great book.



After I read the first 50 pages, I really hated Lena because she was so uptight and she lacks self - confidence. But as story progresses, I realized why she act that way. She's afraid. She was traumatized with what happened to her family. She doesn't want to become like her mother. She's afraid of what other people might think of her. And I can "sympathize".



I admire Lauren Oliver's creativity to create such kind of dystopian world where love is prohibited and is treated with great disgust. I didn't know how she have this idea but I think I know where it comes from. 



Without love there's no hate, without hate there's no war, without war there's no chaos, without chaos there's no death and suffering and without death and suffering there is peace. Pain will never exist. But, of course, without pain there's no joy. Without joy there's no happiness and without happiness there's no sense of well being. This idea was so brilliant, I commend her[Lauren Oliver] for that.


This is a really great book. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.


Ratings:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts about my post. :D

Books for YA! © 2015