Monday, November 12, 2012

Book Review: Storm(Elemental #1)

Monday, November 12, 2012

Title: Storm
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Genre/s: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming.
My Thoughts:

If you think that I only read this Storm because of its gorgeous cover and that it has five hot guys in the story, then I'm quite ashamed of myself because you're somewhat correct. Yes, I am guilty beyond reasonable doubt to the said accusations. But other than that, I also read this book because I am fascinated to people who can control the elements.(I'm not pertaining to the periodic table, just to be clear.)

Ever since I was a kid, I had watched every animes/cartoons about elemental users, from the Magic Knigth Rayearth to the more recent, Avatar: the Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra. So you see, I can't really miss the chance to read this book.

Storm is definitely an entertaining read. It has just the right amount of action, fantasy, romance and mystery that kept me entertained throughout the story. The characters were awesome! Chris is a bit of a jerk sometimes but he's a great guy. I like Becca, she's a strong heroine, but her name always reminds me of the movie, Vampire Sucks. And Hunter, well I really thought he was a goth gay with all his bracelets and his appearance but I was wrong, he was a nice guy. 

Michael is so overprotective over his brothers but it's all because he loves them so much. I understand his character more when I read the Elemental. I have a mixed emotions on the twins, though. I hate Gabriel because he's impulsive and always looking for trouble. On the other hand, I really love Nick. I don't know why, but I'm always drawn to smart and peace-loving guys. I hate the fact that Spark (the sequel to Storm) will be in Gabriel's POV. I guess, I should put up with his character even if I don't want to. 

Overall, Storm is an awesome read. I would recommend it to everyone who loves action-packed paranormal story with a tinge of romance. 

My Rating
Books for YA! © 2015