Friday, January 18, 2013

Book-Inspired Poetry #2

Friday, January 18, 2013
Book-Inspired Poetry is a weekly meme I created to show my combined love for books and poetry. Every poem you read in this blog is created by me unless stated otherwise.

So for this weeks BIP, I recently read Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake and I really really love that series so I decided to create a blank verse poem based on it.

Hope you like it! :)

“She's my purpose and we're going to save each other. We're going to save everyone. And then I'm going to convince her that she's supposed to stay here. With me.”
- Anna Dressed in Blood
 
Goddess of Death
Erleen Alvarez

She walked with grace
as she descended from the stairs.
Her flowing white dress
along with her long dark hair,
swayed in the wind's cadence.


I've always dreamed of her like this
except for the blood in her hands
which soaked the hem of her dress
But other than that, it's perfect.


This goddess of death in front of me
is the girl of my dreams
(or should I say nightmares?) 
And I don't care if she's dead,
because she's my Anna
my strong, terrifying Anna.

Books for YA! © 2015