Thursday, February 14, 2013

Book Review: Easy

Thursday, February 14, 2013


Title: Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Genre/s: Young Adult/New Adult, Contemporary Fiction, Romance

Synopsis:

Rescued by a stranger.

Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.
My Thoughts:

“Love is not the absence of logic
but logic examined and recalculated
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”


I've been wanting to read Easy for who knows how long, so when I won a copy of it from a giveaway, my happiness is off the roof. I stopped whatever I was doing and dived immediately into it.


“You're full of contradictions, Ms. Wallace."

I looked up at him and arched a brow. "I'm a girl. That's part of the job description, Mr. Maxfield.”


I am glued to the pages of this book within the first 5 pages, it's like my head forgot how to use its pivotal joint and it's stuck to its place. I felt a million of emotions within the first chapter; helplessness, anger, pity, disgust, joy and relief. I never thought I could feel so many conflicting emotions by just reading that horrendous scene. If you read this book, you know what I was talking about.

Jacqueline was a strong character in more ways than one and she showed it throughout the story. Well, she's not perfect that's for sure and she's not trying to be. She has her fair share of highs and lows. (I think, her lowest was when she didn't went to class for two weeks just because she doesn't want to see her ex-boyfriend.) She's a poor judge of character and a bit naive when she decided to follow Kennedy to his university-of-choice rather than go to her dream school. Anyway, I understand why she did that and I respect that. Her flaws made her more realistic and relatable and I, actually, admire her for that.

“Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.”

Lucas, reminded me a lot of Dean Holder from Hopeless. Their first similarity is that they both have a cool tattoo that has a deeper meaning. Second, they both have a really intriguing and mysterious past. And lastly, they are both irresistible. But that comparison to Holder didn't hinder Lucas from standing out, he manages to outshine my memory of Holder and made his mark in my mind(which is a hard thing to do).

I really love a guy who is intelligent, skillful and of course, a gentleman. And Lucas has it all. I mean who wouldn't love him, he's the personification of the ideal man. Well, sort of. He has a really painful past which he still can't overcome but don't worry, it's not a secret that will turn you off or anything. On the contrary, it will make you like him and sympathize for him more.


“Unfortunately, the coughing drew her attention. "Are you dying or something?" she asked, affecting a perfect sneer as I shook my head. "Well, hacking up a lung out in public isn't all that attractive--just sayin'."


My face flamed, but then Benji leaned up and spoke around me. "Um, giving half the class an exhaustive summary every Monday morning--in lurid detail--of how much of an alcoholic skank you are? Isn't all that attractive either. Just sayin'.”


The other characters that caught my attention was Benjie and Erin. Benjie was the coolest gay friend ever. His sense of humor and very observant character really helped ease up Jackie's mood. And Earin, well let's just say that I wouldn't want to be her enemy. This girl is amazing to hang out with but she's scary as hell when pissed. And I totally loved her character like that.

The characters in this book deals with a lot of mature issues so I would only recommend this to anyone from 18 years old and above. Overall, it was a enjoyable read and it's definitely an eye-opener to everyone especially to women. :)

 
My Rating
Books for YA! © 2015