Friday, November 01, 2013

Book Review: Finding Cinderella (Hopeless #2.5)

Friday, November 01, 2013
Title: Finding Cinderella (Hopeless #2.5)
Author: Colleen Hoover 
Genre/s: Young Adult/ New Adult, Contemporary Fiction
Release Date: October 14, 2013

Synopsis:

This novella is a companion novel to the Hopeless series, but can be read as a standalone.

A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.
My Thoughts:

My sweet today is reading Finding Cinderella, my suck is reading the words, The End because I want MORE!!! Finding Cinderella is the very definition of meant-to-be. I cannot emphasize enough how butterflying AMAZING this book is. Another unforgettable story from an unforgettable author. 

If you read Losing Hope already, you probably know Daniel as Holder's best friend and you probably know the beginning of this story when Daniel told this to Holder and Breckin, one time. But for those who doesn't know about it, I'll tell you what happened. 

A year ago, two months after Les died and when Holder was in Austin, Daniel was never assigned a fifth-period class that semester. He didn't complain to the administration, and instead he spend his supposed-to-be-fifth-period time napping in the janitor's maintenance closet. They never cleaned that section of the hallway until after school, so no one ever went in there. 

Then one day, while he was sleeping, a crying girl entered the closet, tripped over and landed on Daniel. And since Daniel doesn't know who she is and what she looks like because it was dark in there, he just nicknamed her Cinderella. It was an awkward first meeting but they instantly clicked because they both hate everybody. A week after that she visits him again, they held hands, and talked about how weird it was that they didn't know what each other looked like. She told him it was the last time she will be there and before she left they made love to each like they truly meant it. She was Daniel's best sex and, considering Daniel's reputation, that's saying a lot. 


“I have no doubt being kissed by you would be fantastic, but if I had to choose, I’d take dinner-talk over a kiss any day.”


Daniel stole the spotlight from Holder this time, to show us his "charismatic" and emotional side beneath his easy-going and smart-ass exterior. I never thought, I'd say this but I think, I love him. Not as much as I love Holder but still he's a pretty close second. I'm such a sucker for guys who has a good sense of humor and is sensitive and that's what I saw in Daniel.  


“Normally when I’m attempting a risky, clandestine, secret date and I need to escape my house undetected, I ask myself, ‘What would MacGyver do?’”


We met Six in Hopeless with her ego-booster text messages to Sky and we know how great she is from her best friend's POV. But this time it's different. We see her from Daniel's POV and they are an amusing pair. And I know this might sound corny and mushy but I think, they're each others missing piece. They are the perfect match and I'm so happy and thankful to Colleen Hoover for sharing this story.


“Stop! Stop saying things that make me grin like an idiot. My face has been hurting since the second I met you.”


This is exactly how I feel everytime I read Colleen Hoover's books. It makes me grin like an idiot, giggle like a school girl, blush like a tomato and cry like a wuss but I love every moment of it, in fact, I treasured them.

Overall, this book was a breathtakingly beautiful read. Finding Cinderella might only be a 100-page novella but the amount of emotions of this book is comparable if not beyond the emotion a full novel has. This is the BEST novella I've ever read in my entire life. I'm telling you, you wouldn't want to miss this beautiful story! So download this book and READ IT NOW! 

My Rating 

Books for YA! © 2015