Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Review: Divergent

Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Genre/s: Young Adult,  Fantasy, Science Fiction, Dystopia

Synopsis:

In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.


My Thought:

Divergent was one of the books that will make you feel like you run a 400 meter dash. It's a total adrenaline rush! I've never read anything like this before and I'm really surprised that this was Veronica Roth's debut novel. It was so good!

I'm in love with the idea of the different factions. If I will choose my own faction I will probably be in Erudite, Dauntless or Amity, but I can't be an Abnegation and I will never be in Candor. Definitely, not Candor.

Anyway, Tris is the type of character you wouldn't expect you will admire. Well, she's selfish(she said it herself) that is why she doesn't choose Abnegation but she's strong-willed and smart. She also has a stubborn fighting spirit. I guess that's why Four likes her.

My husband, Four. He doesn't know it yet, but we're secretly married. Shhh, don't tell him.

Four is the hearthrob of this novel. I don't know how she knows it, but Veronica Roth created my ideal man in the form of Four. Seriously! He is kind, smart, caring, strong, and definitely hot. I called dibs on him.

Divergent is so thrilling, action-packed and pure adrenaline rush, I feel like I'm the one whose paragliding in the 100 story feet building. I'm definitely excited to watch that scene in the upcoming movie. I wish it was 3D and it has great cinematography because if it wasn't, I'm going to be really disappointed.

A MUST READ!

My Rating: 


Books for YA! © 2015