Monday, May 20, 2013

Book Review: This Girl(Slammed #3)

Monday, May 20, 2013
Title: This Girl(Slammed #3)
Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre/s: Young Adult, Contemporary Romance

Synopsis:

There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.

Colleen Hoover’s New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache.

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from hispoint of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.

My Thoughts:


If you have read my review of Slammed and Point of Retreat, you would probably know how much I love this series and how much I’m obsessed with Will. So when I found out that there will be a third book and it will be on Will’s POV again, my excitement and surprise was so intense, I’m glad I didn’t have a heart attack, right then and there.

Will and Lake are finally married and while in their second day of honeymoon, Will told Lake about his break-up with Vaughn and his side of the Slammed story. It was really funny for me because when I was reading Slammed 7 months ago, I keep on wondering what Will was thinking at that time. I don’t know if it’s just the influence of Lake’s POV but he seemed really moody in Slammed and he was so hard to figure out.

But now that I finally read his side of the story, all the actions he showed and everything he did makes a lot of sense to me now. I can’t imagine the psychological and emotional conflict he must have had when he saw Lake in her first day at school. Anyway, there’s a lot more to this book than just Will’s story. You have to look forward to amazing new poems, the honeymoon, the break up, the first date, the other date, the regrets, the laundry room, the engagement, the epilogue and just about everything about this book. 

I loved this series so much that it breaks my heart to say goodbye to them. I can’t help not to get too emotional with this review. All of these amazing characters have been a big part of me now. They inspired me a lot. So I decided that I won't say goodbye to them at all because I can always read whenever I miss them and I also suck at saying goobye. But what I'm going to do is to express my gratitude to the one who created this books because apparently I'm amazing at saying thank you.

Thank you so much for sharing their stories with all of us, Ms. Colleen Hoover. Thank you for creating those poems that oozes with emotion. For making me cry everytime I read them. For letting me know that poetry is still alive. For getting me "schooled" along with Layken. For teaching me how to talk backwards. For letting me realize that when life get's in my damn way, it wants me to fight back. For inspiring me to write poems again. And for all the fun memories that I had because of this book. THANK YOU SO MUCH! 


Overall you don’t want to miss out on this book and if you haven’t started reading this series yet, then what are you waiting for? START RIGHT NOW! I highly recommend this book. 

My Rating 

Books for YA! © 2015