Website | Twitter | Goodreads
Bryony Pearce is a chocolate-loving vegetarian, who lives in a village on the edge of the Peak District with her husband, two small children and cat. She writes books which are much darker than she initially appears and since publication her friends have started looking at her as if she is going to start serial killing any minute. She is unlikely to do so. Her first book, Angel's Fury was published by Egmont in 2011 and won the Leeds Book Award and Cheshire Schools Book Award. Her second novel, The Weight of Souls was published in August 2013. She has a head full of stories and won't stop writing them down any time soon.
1. What is your favorite color? Dark red
2. Favorite food? Thai red curry with Tofu. Anything chocolate.
3. Favorite movie of all time? The Princess Bride, The Matrix
4. Favorite song? Shake it Up, Florence and the Machine (at least today)
5. Favorite book of all time? Anything by Terry Pratchett, I love his work. Also Tom Pollock City's Son, Shakespeare's King Lear, Anne Macaffrey's Ship Who Sang . sorry I went on a bit far there.
All about Writing
1. How did your interest in writing originate?
In a love of books that has existed since I was old enough to listen to my mum reading them to me.
2. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I fit it in whenever I can. With two small children my life is not very organised. Riley started school just a week ago, so I'm trying to be more organised now. I think it'll take me another week to get properly sorted out into set times though.
3. Do you work with outline or just write?
I work with an outline. I am a very serious pro-plotter!
4. What was the hardest part in writing your book? The easiest?
The hardest part is when you are between exciting scenes and you feel a bit like you are dragging the storyline forwards. Occasionally I've been stuck for a couple of months between 'good bits'. I also find the waiting for edits really hard. I'm a very impatient person. The easiest part is when it all flows well and you get a great day's worth of writing in. I love that feeling.
5. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I look after the children, I like to watch films, I read, I do karate. My current aim in life is to get a black belt (and another book deal of course!)
Finish the sentence
1. The difference between fiction and reality is words on a page
2. Research is what I'm doing when I really want my book to ring true
3. I can write better when I am not distracted
4. Sleep is an excellent way to organise my brain full of ideas
5. A room without a book is a pencil without a lead -pointless.
Title: The Weight of Souls
Genre/s: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Released Date: August 6, 2013
Add to Goodreads TBR List
Buy on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Sixteen year old Taylor Oh is cursed: if she is touched by the ghost of a murder victim then they pass a mark beneath her skin. She has three weeks to find their murderer and pass the mark to them – letting justice take place and sending them into the Darkness. And if she doesn’t make it in time? The Darkness will come for her…She spends her life trying to avoid ghosts, make it through school where she’s bullied by popular Justin and his cronies, keep her one remaining friend, and persuade her father that this is real and that she’s not going crazy.But then Justin is murdered and everything gets a whole lot worse. Justin doesn’t know who killed him, so there’s no obvious person for Taylor to go after. The clues she has lead her to the V Club, a vicious secret society at her school where no one is allowed to leave… and where Justin was dared to do the stunt which led to his death.Can she find out who was responsible for his murder before the Darkness comes for her? Can she put aside her hatred for her former bully to truly help him?And what happens if she starts to fall for him?
Giveaway !!!The Rules:
- Open Internationally
- Must be 13+ to enter
- Winners will be notified via email
- A new winner will be chosen if a response is not received within 48 hours
- Use the Rafflecopter to enter. I'm going to check the entries so please follow the directions correctly.
- Contest ends November 21, 2013