Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Miche Sipes wrote her first play at the age of six and has been writing creatively ever since. Well, if you don’t count the occasional decade-long lapse. Though she has worked as a technical writer and instructional designer, she always gravitates back to her first and true love—telling stories.Miche has lived in Maryland and Florida, but now resides in Colorado. Whenever she’s not writing—or finding ingenious ways to procrastinate like flossing her cat’s teeth—she can be found hiking in the mountains with her husband.
1. What is your favorite color? Violet
2. Favorite food? Chocolate
3. Favorite movie of all time? Toughie, but I love anything that makes me laugh out loud and one of my all-time favorite comedies is "Death At A Funeral" (the original version, of course)
4. Favorite song? At the moment, almost anything by Mumford & Sons
5. Favorite book of all time? Impossible to choose, but I can say that the book I've reread more than any other is Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice"
All about Writing
1. How did your interest in writing originate?
I think I was born a writer. I've always written in one form or another. But only in the last few years did I decide to try writing novel-length fiction.
2. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I tend to write in the late morning through early afternoon. I set a fairly easy word count and hope I exceed it.
3. Do you work with outline or just write?
I start with an idea for a novel and just write. I might have a couple of key plot points at the beginning, but that's all. As I write, more of the story comes into focus and I jot down scenes or bits of dialogue that reveal themselves. So at that point I guess I'm doing an informal outline as I go.
4. What was the hardest part in writing your book? The easiest?
The hardest part is overcoming self-doubt and believing that writing is a worthwhile thing to do. The easiest part is trusting in the narrative and letting the story tell itself.
5. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Hike in the mountains. I recently moved to Colorado and am still in awe.
Finish the sentence
1. The difference between fiction and reality is --wait, there's a difference?
2. Research is what I'm doing when I'm surfing the web. I swear, I'm not just looking at cat videos.
3. I can write better when I pull the Internet cable from my computer.
4. Sleep is an excellent way to dream.
5. A room without a book is lonely.
Title: An Angel Torched My Homework and Other LiesGenre/s: Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, RomanceRelease Date: June 3, 2014Add to Goodreads TBR ListSynopsis:Imagine if vampires, werewolves, angels and zombies were merely humans with a genetic mutation . . . could Norms and Differents ever get along?Carrie Philips just wants her junior year at Clement Academy to go smoothly. Sure, it’s the first high school in the nation to integrate Norms like her with the Differents. But the Diffs are just typical teenagers with teeny-tiny genetic anomalies. They’re certainly not dangerous or anything. At least that’s what Carrie has always believed.But when several of her fellow students are mysteriously assaulted, cracks form in Carrie’s worldview. Cracks she tries to ignore while defending her friends from anti-Diff backlash and solving the mystery of who’s really behind the attacks.Then, Carrie stumbles on a bombshell that could forever change how Norms and Diffs see each other. So much for a quiet school year.
Giveaway !!!The Rules:
- Open Internationally
- Must be 13+ to enter
- Winners will be notified via email
- A new winner will be chosen if a response is not received within 48 hours
- Use the Rafflecopter to enter. I'm going to check the entries so please follow the directions correctly.
- Contest ends June 3, 2014 (Release Date)
a Rafflecopter giveaway