Sunday, January 13, 2013

Book Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Sunday, January 13, 2013


Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkins
Genre/s: Young Adult, Suspense, Mystery, Horror, Romance

Synopsis:

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?

My Thoughts:

The feeling that I get when I read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is insane. It's creepy, it's intense, it's mind-boggling and it scared me to the point that I keep on glancing behind my back just to be sure that there is no one staring at me, creepily. Double that and you will get The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

I just love how Michelle Hodkin created this series. It was masterfully and brilliantly written and it was so hard to put down. I would love to tell you more about what that happened in this book but I'm afraid I might spoil it. But don't fret, as I will leave you with a vague summary to contemplate about.

The spookiness in Mara's life got spookier, new memories and mysteries are unraveling, Jamie is back, Noah is hotter than ever, a jealous-and-supposedly-dead-ex-boyfriend wants to take revenge and watch out for the intense cliffhanger.

So what are you waiting for? Start reading this book, NOW!

My Rating

Books for YA! © 2015