Monday, July 29, 2013

ARC Review: A Tale of Two Centuries(My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2)

Monday, July 29, 2013
Title: A Tale of Two Centuries(My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2)
Author: Rachel Harris
Genre/s: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
Publication Date: August 6, 2013

Synopsis:

Alessandra D’Angeli is in need of an adventure. Tired of her sixteenth-century life in Italy and homesick for her time-traveling cousin, Cat, who visited her for a magical week and dazzled her with tales of the future, Alessandra is lost. Until the stars hear her plea.

One mystical spell later, Alessandra appears on Cat’s Beverly Hills doorstep five hundred years in the future. Surrounded by confusing gadgets, scary transportation, and scandalous clothing, Less is hesitant to live the life of a twenty-first century teen…until she meets the infuriating—and infuriatingly handsome—surfer Austin Michaels. Austin challenges everything she believes in…and introduces her to a world filled with possibility.

With the clock ticking, Less knows she must live every moment of her modern life while she still can. But how will she return to the drab life of her past when the future is what holds everything she’s come to love?


My Thoughts:


With awesome characters and fascinating plot, A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris is an amazing time-travelling love story full ofadventures, challenges, romance and life lessons. This book is not just a must-read, it's a must-have novel!

In 16th Century, Italy, 2 years have passed since Alessandra saw her time-travelling-cousin-from-the-future, Cat and since then she longed for her very own adventure. That opportunity only presented itself after she learned that her fiance, Matteo was already married to someone else. She was hurt and devastated when Reyna found her so when an offer to go on an adventure was presented to her, she bravely accepted it.

Meanwhile, two months have passed since Cat returned to the present so when Reyna called her telling her that something will be delivered to her house, she wasn't expecting to see her 16th century cousin, Alessandra. Alessandra told Cat her cryptic gypsy message and they decided to start her mission by experiencing the high school life. Her first day was actually quite going well until she met Austin, the gorgeous bad boy who seem to bring out the worst in her(or so she thought).

What do you think will happen when a well-mannered 16th century girl was brought to the chaotic and foreign world of the 21st century? You have to find that out for yourself but there's one thing I can assure you, it is going to be a one heck of an awesome read!

Okay, can I just say how freaking adorable Less is! I mean, I still love Cat and all, but how can Less not be my favorite, she cracks me up with her thoughts. It's really impossible not to love her. She's actually stronger than she gave herself credit for and I love how she finally gained her confidence. It's amazing to see her transformation and I feel inspired to do the same; to throw away all my fears, reach for my dreams and believe that I can achieve it.

But of course, Less didn't acquire all those changes without any help and that's where Austin Michaels came into the picture. He can see right through Less and he challenge her to break out of, what he called, her prim and proper prison and live without thinking of other people, to feel free and alive for once. And did I mention that he's so dang sexy. He makes me blush and I'm glad I'm not Less because I will seriously make a fool out of myself if he's around.

Cat finally let go of her fear to love again and found her own happy ever after with Lucas. All she needed was just a little help from her time-travelling-cousin to make it all happen. I've had so much fun with this book and the ending was totally unexpected. You have to read it to know what I'm saying.

Overall, A Tale of Two Centuries is sublime. This will be at the top of my list of time-travelling books and I will never get tired of recommending this book to everyone.

My Rating 


Books for YA! © 2015