Thursday, July 11, 2013

Book Review: Breathless(Elemental Series #2.5)

Thursday, July 11, 2013
Title: Breathless(Elemental Series #2.5)
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Genre/s: Young Adult,Paranormal Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

Too many secrets. Not enough time.

Nick Merrick is supposed to be the level-headed one. The peacemaker. Since it’s just him and his three hotheaded brothers against the world, that’s a survival tactic.

But now he’s got problems even his brothers can’t help him survive.

His so-called girlfriend, Quinn, is going quick as mercury from daring to crazy. Meanwhile, Quinn’s dancer friend Adam is throwing Nick off balance, forcing him to recognize a truth he’d rather shove back into the dark.

He can feel it—-the atmosphere is sizzling. Danger is on the way. But whatever happens next, Nick is starting to find out that sometimes nothing you do can keep the peace.

My Thoughts:

I was really, really eager to read this book the moment I saw it on Goodreads. If you have read my reviews of Storm and Spark you would probably notice that I have a humongous crush on Nick Merrick and I've been waiting for a long time to read his perspective of things since he dated Quinn.

To say that I'm not okay with their relationship was an understatement. But after I read this book, I'd rather prefer him dating her than consider the other option. It was hard for me to accept this news. But when I think about it, it actually kinda make sense. I honestly, just didn't see it coming.

Overall, this was really a surprise. If you're a fan of this series especially if you're a fan of Nick Merrick, just like me, you have to read this!

My Rating

Books for YA! © 2015