Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Jessica Brody is the author of 52 Reasons to Hate My Father, My Life Undecided, The Karma Club, and the recently released, Unremembered, the first in a sci-fi/suspense/romance trilogy. Her books have been translated and published in over 20 countries and several have been optioned for film and TV. Sometimes she wishes her memories could be erased so she could reread all her favorite books for the first time. She splits her time between California and Colorado. Visit her online at www.JessicaBrody.com
1. What is your favorite color? Purple! (Just like the color of Seraphina’s eyes in Unremembered!)
2. Favorite food? Pixy Sticks. Is that a food? Okay, sushi.
3. Favorite movie of all time? Sliding Doors. But Pitch Perfect is pretty high up there!
4. Favorite song? Ours by Taylor Swift (in fact, I’m listening to it right now!)
5. Favorite book of all time? The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
All about Writing
1. How did your interest in writing originated?
I think it’s always been there. I’ve been writing stories for as long as I could write. One of my first stories I wrote when I was five and it was called “The Nice Nice Daddy” (although I spelled it Niss Niss Daddy.)
2. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I like to write in the morning. I’m most productive then. I usually write about 2-3 hours (or as long as it takes to get at least 1500 words)
3. Do you work with outline or just write?
I always outline. I have to know where the story is going before I start.
4. What was the hardest part in writing your book? The easiest?
The easiest part is always the beginning. I love writing the first 50 pages of a novel. They always come really easily. The hardest part is everything that comes after those first 50 pages.
5. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I like to read books in my genre and out of my genre. I like to watch TV. But most of my free time goes to playing with my dogs.
Finish the sentence
1. The difference between fiction and reality is fiction has more kissing (well, if it’s good fiction.)
2. Research is what I'm doing when I can’t for the life of me come up with something from my imagination.
3. I can write better when I’m hopped up on caffeine and somewhere other than my house.
4. Sleep is an excellent way to fix broken plot points.
5. A room without a book is not a room I care to spend any time in.
Title: Unremembered (Unremembered #1)
Genre/s: Young Adult, Mystery, Science Fiction, Romance
Publisher: Farrar, Straus, & Giroux (BYR)
Date Published: March 5, 2013
Buy: Amazon | Barnes&Nobles | Book Depo
When Freedom Airlines flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage—alive—is making headlines across the globe.Even more strange is that her body is miraculously unharmed and she has no memories of boarding the plane. She has no memories of her life before the crash. She has no memories period. No one knows how she survived. No one knows why she wasn’t on the passenger manifest. And no one can explain why her DNA and fingerprints can’t be found in a single database in the world.Crippled by a world she doesn’t know, plagued by abilities she doesn’t understand, and haunted by a looming threat she can’t remember, Seraphina struggles to piece together her forgotten past and discover who she really is. But with every clue only comes more questions. And she’s running out of time to answer them.Her only hope is a strangely alluring boy who claims to know her from before the crash. Who claims they were in love. But can she really trust him? And will he be able to protect her from the people who have been making her forget?From popular young adult author Jessica Brody comes a compelling and suspenseful new sci-fi series, set in a world where science knows no boundaries, memories are manipulated, and true love can never be forgotten.
Giveaway Time !!!Le Rules:
a Rafflecopter giveaway