Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Author's Slambook: Kelsey Sutton, author of Some Quiet Place

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Author Bio
Website | Twitter | Goodreads

Kelsey Sutton has done everything from training dogs, making cheeseburgers, selling yellow page ads, and cleaning hotel rooms. Now she divides her time between her college classes and her writing. Kelsey lives in northern Minnesota with her dog and cat, Lewis and Clark.
Favorites
1. What is your favorite color? Blue.
2. Favorite food? Cheese.
3. Favorite movie of all time? Chocolat.
4. Favorite song?It's Time by Imagine Dragons.
5. Favorite book of all time? Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier.

All about Writing
1. How did your interest in writing originated?
I wish I had a cool answer for this, but the truth is, it's always been there! As a child I would come home from school, pull out my plastic bin full of markers and paper, and arrange everything around me in a circle. I would then fold some paper in half, staple the side three times, and proceed to fill the white spaces with words and pictures. It only got worse as I grew older.

2. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
If a story really has me in it's grips, I'm writing every day whenever I can. And my friends forget what I look like.


3. Do you work with outline or just write?
When I'm writing a book under contract, I definitely outline. If I'm writing a book no one knows about, I'm a pantser!

4. What was the hardest part in writing your book? The easiest?
The hardest part was the ending, actually. I make so many adjustments and changes, you would be shocked to read the original. But I'm so, so happy with how it turned out. The easiest part was Elizabeth's voice! She came so naturally to me.

5. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Well, I watch way too much television. Ask me about a show and I've probably seen it. I love reading, of course, and spending time with friends. They're probably where all my book sales come from! ;)

Finish the sentence
1. The difference between fiction and reality is almost nonexistent!
2. Research is what I'm doing when I watch TV.
3. I can write better when the internet is unplugged.
4. Sleep is an excellent way to come up with new ideas.
5. A room without a book is desolate.

Books
Title: Some Quiet Place (Some Quiet Place #1)
Genre/s: Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance
Publisher: Flux 
Date Published: July 8, 2013

Synopsis:

I can’t weep. I can’t fear. I’ve grown talented at pretending.

Elizabeth Caldwell doesn’t feel emotions . . . she sees them. Longing, Shame, and Courage materialize around her classmates. Fury and Resentment appear in her dysfunctional home. They’ve all given up on Elizabeth because she doesn’t succumb to their touch. All, that is, save one—Fear. He’s intrigued by her, as desperate to understand the accident that changed Elizabeth’s life as she is herself.

Elizabeth and Fear both sense that the key to her past is hidden in the dream paintings she hides in the family barn. But a shadowy menace has begun to stalk her, and try as she might, Elizabeth can barely avoid the brutality of her life long enough to uncover the truth about herself. When it matters most, will she be able to rely on Fear to save her?
Books for YA! © 2015