Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Kendare Blake writes stuff. Most of it is dark and twisted but her parents seem to like it anyway and do not at all think it relates to her mental state or how she was raised. One time, she tried to beat the closing doors on the London subway and failed. She was stuck in between sandwich-style and almost lost her backpack. It hurt. A lot.
1. What is your favorite color? Blue!
2. Favorite food? Unfair question. I love all food.
3. Favorite movie of all time? Also unfair question. I would have to say...the Before Sunrise cycle. Or, Scent of a Woman. Or...Waynes World.
4. Favorite song? This one is hard too! What's with you? :) Mmm, I like most things by Fiona Apple. I like a good beat. Right now there's a song I like about smoking it if you've got it. Don't know who it's by.
5. Favorite book of all time? Impossible question! I could go with The Book of Laughter and Forgetting, by Milan Kundera. Or, The Mists of Avalon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Or, N0S4A2, by Joe Hill. Or IT, by Joe Hill's dad.
All about Writing
1. How did your interest in writing originated?
Reading. I loved hearing stories and reading stories when I was a kid. Fictional worlds were my favorite worlds.
2. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
Depends on the book. Every one behaves differently. The one I'm working on now, I can only manage around a thousand words a day. Maybe three days a week.
3. Do you work with outline or just write?
I just write. But I usually have an idea of what's going to happen in the next chapter, maybe the chapter after that. Not always.
4. What was the hardest part in writing your book? The easiest?
The easiest is the beginning, and the ending. The middle. Just. Blows.
5. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I like to read (obviously) , eat (a lot), go to parks and pretty places, hike a little, play some bad tennis, hang with friends.
Finish the sentence
1. The difference between fiction and reality is boredom.
2. Research is what I'm doing when I don't know the things I want to know.
3. I can write better when there are no distractions.
4. Sleep is an excellent way to pass the time.
5. A room without a book is ABSOLUTE CRAP!
Title: Antigoddess (Goddess War #1)
Genre/s: Young Adult,
Publisher: Tor Teen
Date Published: September 10, 2013
Buy: Amazon | Barnes&Nobles | Book Depo
The Goddess War begins in Antigoddess, the first installment of the new series by acclaimed author of Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake.Old Gods never die…Or so Athena thought. But then the feathers started sprouting beneath her skin, invading her lungs like a strange cancer, and Hermes showed up with a fever eating away his flesh. So much for living a quiet eternity in perpetual health.Desperately seeking the cause of their slow, miserable deaths, Athena and Hermes travel the world, gathering allies and discovering enemies both new and old. Their search leads them to Cassandra—an ordinary girl who was once an extraordinary prophetess, protected and loved by a god.These days, Cassandra doesn’t involve herself in the business of gods—in fact, she doesn’t even know they exist. But she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning.Because Hera, the queen of the gods, has aligned herself with other of the ancient Olympians, who are killing off rivals in an attempt to prolong their own lives. But these anti-gods have become corrupted in their desperation to survive, horrific caricatures of their former glory. Athena will need every advantage she can get, because immortals don’t just flicker out.Every one of them dies in their own way. Some choke on feathers. Others become monsters. All of them rage against their last breath.The Goddess War is about to begin.
Giveaway Time !!!Le Rules: