Friday, July 27, 2012

Filipino Friday #2: School Of Reading

Friday, July 27, 2012

This meme is created by Filipino Reader Con in accordance with the upcoming 2nd Annual ReaderCon: United We Read. So every Friday, a topic will be posted and all Filipino readers are encouraged to make their own post about that topic. This is the second week of Filipino Friday and this weeks topic is:
School of Reading. We all started reading somewhere, and more often than not, we were influenced by someone. Who got you into reading? Your parents? A friend? A librarian? One teacher who always lends out his/her books? How helpful was your school in helping your reading habit / fueling your book addiction?

Since I was a kid, my father always encouraged me to read. He always told me this quote that “the one who reads, leads”. He always added an explanation to it in order for me to further understand what he meant but it’s not until high school that I proved that my dad was right.

Indeed, a reader has more edge over those who don’t like to read. Their vocabularies were richer than others. If only words could worth a penny or a peso, I think they will become millionaires, heck billionaires. They can use highfalutin words without sweating. They know places which they’ve never been. Their imaginations were vivid, it’s like they’re watching a movie rather than reading a book.

This is what I realized and learned in reading books. And I’m thanking my father for his never-faltering words of wisdom and undying encouragements. Because without him, I may not be who I am now because books has taught me a lot more than my teachers did. (*Sorry ma'am, sorry sir but its true.)




Books for YA! © 2015